1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

LSBU - presentation help plzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by shy1, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hi as part of my PGCE interview I have to teach an aspect of the national curriculum to the other candidates (as if teaching to children in my age range) and involve them. I have my lesson idea, which involves moving about (as i wanted to try an do something diff), however I was wondering if this would acceptable to have them to move about if that make sense. Any tips would be helpful

Thanks

2. Hi
    Is this for primary or secondary? I went to interview at LSBU last month for upper primary. I don't think there is anything wrong with having them move about, the rooms are quite a good size but be really aware of how long things can take when you only have 5 minutes, this is rigidly enforced and the person invigilating will stop you dead on the time limit. I don't think you need to make the lesson complicated, they are interested in how you present rather than lots of detail in the content. Good luck, let me know if I can help with anything else!
    Nick

3. Hi thanks for reply. Its for lower primary. Im doing a lesson on body parts (as my degree is in sports) and it doesnt require them to move much, just to put a specific body part on the mat when called out. It is an easy lesson just didnt really want to stand there and wanted to try and do something different.

4. Sounds like that should be good, the day pretty much runs exactly like the info pack says. There is nothing hidden, just the written test and presentation in the morning and then the interviews in the afternoon. My group just got asked the 3 questions that they send you.
    Good luck!

5. Sorry, just seen this after being away. The article was from the guardian about entry into Oxbridge and particularly ethnic minorities. The resulting question didn't really have a direct link to the article. You were basically asked to talk about promoting equality and inclusion in primary schools. Google promoting equality in the classroom, there are some good results. When is your interview?

6. Hi it was today and that was the article we had, with the exact same question. Sadly I didnt make it to the second half of the day. Thanks for the advice about the presentation tho.

7. sorry to hear you didn't make it through, good luck with your application.