1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lsbu pgce science test

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by bc2472192, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Hey,
    has anybody taken the lsbu science equivalence test?im due to take mine shortly and am a bit in the dark.anybody know the structure(long or short questions) ?the list of topics i was given seemed a bit vague.does atomic structure include bonding?does diet and nutrition include digestion? etc etc.
    any help would be a major help.
    bryan
    bryancahill2003@hotmail.com

2. hi, i took the exam last week, i would use the GCSE bite size and Scool revision and thats all you'll need to know, i didnt revise digestion and a question came up which i couldnt answer. i havent got my results yet though so will have to see how my revision went. good luck

3. Hi shania,
    i had a look at the bbc website,its a great help thanks.were you sent a list of nine topics to study beforehand(the eye,atomic structure,diet and nutrition, etc etc)?if so did all the questions come up?do all nine questions have to be answered?did atomic structure include bonding?
    any good sourcse for info on energy and the food chain?any help with the energy tranfers/reactions of metals would be great?the books i have dont cover these topics?any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    bryan

4. Hi shania,
    i had a look at the bbc website,its a great help thanks.were you sent a list of nine topics to study beforehand(the eye,atomic structure,diet and nutrition, etc etc)?if so did all the questions come up?do all nine questions have to be answered?did atomic structure include bonding?
    any good sourcse for info on energy and the food chain?any help with the energy tranfers/reactions of metals would be great?the books i have dont cover these topics?any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    bryan
    also,does anybody know what mark is considered a pass for an equivalence test?

5. Hey,
    has anybody taken the lsbu science equivalence test?im due to take mine shortly and am a bit in the dark.anybody know the structure(long or short questions) ?the list of topics i was given seemed a bit vague.does atomic structure include bonding?does diet and nutrition include digestion? etc etc.
    any help would be a major help.
    bryan

6. HI there,

There seems to be limited posts about the LSBU Science equivalency test and wondered how you got on in 2009. I am aware that this was a couple of years ago and it probably now feels ages away, but any help you can give me would be fabulous :)
    If you've taken the test can you please shed some light on the content - do they stick to the list given to us? Is the paper hard? Do they use old GCSE papers or is it their own?
    Much appreciated

7. Hey

My science test is in a couple of weeks and i too am not sure what to expect! Have you sat yours yet? If so any hints and tips will be greatly received!!!! Is it difficult? whats the structure? how long is it? how many questions? Ive been stressing myself out this summer and although i have been spending a lot of time on the bitesize pages its all a bit scary without any help!

Hope yours went well and good luck for the future.

Thanks

8. hi how did you get on? am sitting mine next month, along with maths and English - any help welcome!