1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Low rise jeans won't stay up!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jul 6, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

How the heck do other people get their low rise jeans to stay up?
    I have various pairs from different sources, but they just won't stay up properly without a belt. I can literally feel them creeping down as I walk.
    I hate wearing a belt though. [​IMG]

2. They rest on my big hips [​IMG]
    (I also hate wearing belts as I find it uncomfortable when sitting and the buckle digs into your belly)

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My hips are huge though!
    That's why I hate wearing a belt (that and the holes the buckle make in my t-shirts [​IMG]).
    I'm waiting for Bauble to recommend a nice set of braces...

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I have a really nice collection of belts and use then to accessorise as much as to hold jeans up.
    Not so keen on low rise jeans as they do tend to come with muffin tops!

5. As if.....

I was going to suggest a bit of velcro on the old growler. :¬))

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Howling with laughter!! [​IMG]
    Priceless, absolutely priceless.
    Still laughing!
    Thanks, Baubs. [​IMG]

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I can't believe he said that !!! Low risers maybe suit people like me better?: boyish hips.
    It doesn't actually make sense physically though, does it? perplexed [​IMG]

8. I was worried for a moment that you were going to say it is because you have the right growler.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

!!!!!!

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Lol [​IMG] I love it! I have really slim hips and it's weird but i find that low rise trousers work quite well and DO stay up. What they stay up on, I have no idea! What I can not wear, and maybe it's due to having a muffin top, are medium to high rise trousers.
    Today i went shopping for linen trousers. I tried on loads and with many the fabric seemed to bunch up around the crotch, like a wee pouch.
    I eventually found some perfect ones in River Island. Low rise.

11. High rise trousers look stupid on me.
    What I really like are what we call Bügelfalten - you know those suit trousers with a pleat/dart at the front under the waistband?
    They do not suit me at all. I have to have fitted, fitted, fitted, no pleats, tucks, darts or the like. Otherwise I look very odd.
    Low rise suit me best - although I do have hips (ok, they are not huge hips but I do not have a boyish figure).

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

Get thee self a pair o braces.that'll do they well!

13. I agree braces are the answer. Available from any decent menswear emporium. SWMBO bought me a very nice pair of workmen's braces recently decorated with hammers and spanners etc.

14. ROFLMAO.
    We have "that" colleague, the one I often speak of. Early 20s, drives me mad, could never be my son.
    His pants are always halfway down his backside. We noticed yesterday (after we have been telling him for months to wear a bleddy belt) that he was wearing Simpsons boxer shorts.
    Today, having told him yesterday to wear a belt as he is actually supposed to be trained in Sales, and one has to do with clients, who do not really need to see your underwear, my female colleague brought in a pair of braces.
    He will never live this down.
    Although I suspect tomorrow I will see the Mickey Mouse boxers shorts again.

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Whenever I see male students with trousers halfway down their *** I give them directions to the nearest toilet. When they ask why I reply that they appear to be trying to do a poo in my classroom, and I'd prefer them to do it in the proper place. It usually gets a few cheap laughs at their expense.

16. oldsomeman

I can understand a few adolecent boys trying to wear this fashion,but the other day i saw grown adults copying the fashion.FGS.......some one really ought to tell them what cretins they look.
    Shows how even adults havent got the ability to think for themsleves.

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Certain *things* get in the way of braces... [​IMG]

18. This guy is 23. I am sorry, but I do not WANT to see his underwear. I don't show mine.
    I don't care whether he shows his noodle at the weekend, but I do not WANT to see it in the office.

19. oldsomeman

oh go on do show....this poor old guy needs something to cheer him up[​IMG]