1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Low low low

Discussion in 'Personal' started by guitarplayer, Apr 20, 2011.

1. guitarplayer

guitarplayer New commenter

I've been in school all day Mon Tue and today - got in at 9 and left at 7.30 today
    So yes I'm occupying my time and getting a lot done and acheiving bits day to day
    but
    It seems I can do it for everyone else but never for me

2. guitarplayer

Feeling better today - spent 12 hours in school (saddo!) but got loads done.

Roll on a sunny friday!

3. guitarplayer

Well that good feeling didn't last long.
    You know what - I am an idiot.
    There's a Friendship thread on here somewhere discussing the colleague/friend thing.
    Well I'm an idiot.
    I thought I had friends
    I have/ had colleagues.
    One in particular - but no
    Very diappointing
    And I'm back where I definitely have no friends - some good colleagues - have some good chats - some laughs - but actually - they don't care.
    I do
    That's what makes me a fool

And do know what's really pathetic - I sound like a kid on the playground - and I'm a grown-up.
    Path-et-ic!
    What an idiot.

Time to put the shell back on methinks - time to stop caring!!
    It's just too hard.

4. guitarplayer

Eventually described exactly how I'm feeling to O/H who is so understanding .
    She reckons I'm not well.
    On the verge of a depression again.
    And that's helped.
    I'm not just low, I'm not well.

Which is why I can't get a grip, can't find anything to cheer me up.
    But I feel better just knowing that.
    And knowing that by managing it properly it will pass.

So I'm allowed to cry and feel sad - it's not weak and pathetic.
    It's everything together.

This awfulness clammy shredded black hand that's gripping my mind and fogging my vision will pass.
    O/H is very wonderful.

Glimmers of light -
    Long up n down road now - but I'll get there.
    Thanks for you posts

Needless to say I'm new on here because I'm old on here and wanted to post but without folk knowing who.

Thank u

gp

5. Really glad you've had some support and can see a way forward. Nobody chooses to be depressed.
    PM me if you like.

6. DM

DM New commenter

Sorry to hear you are in a bad place gp. Keep your pecker up.

7. guitarplayer

So - feelin much MUCH better - most of my woes were down to my inability to cope with change - and fearing the worst as I always do.
    Had coffees with friends (yes friends) from work place - yes the same ones I was worried about.
    Made a bit of a mistake and told one exactly what I thought - no-one likes being told they're hugely loved by a big fat lezzer they know from work. Not brave enough to say so f 2 f - plus my o/h turned up and that would have just been weird - so txted - terrible terrible idea! Didn't say what i meant at all but got the basics across.
    But I couldn't keep it to myself anymore an decided to risk it.
    Got cool but v nice response - kind thoughtful - a little distant but understandably so.
    So - hey - what a fool I am - but I shall remain a proud fool - life's just too ****** short to *** about not telling the people you love that you love them.
    The BlackBleakness has gone and hopefully won't be back for a while.
    Thank you to all those people who've posted help and kind words - I've really leaned on you strangers - thanks for your suppport.

8. guitarplayer

o/h has warned me to calm down - going up nup a bit too quick - she reckons Im swinging upwards and may crash again - shes right of course.
    Fnckin hate this depressive mood-swingy-up-down-light-dark ****
    Wished myself dead a few days ago - not now tho - but I know its there - had a bad afternoon - self medicating with pink gin right now - soon to be followed by wine

Iknow Iknow

Thanks for your help u lot

this helps loads

9. bed

bed New commenter

C a l m d o w n

stop expecting the worst
    shhhh
    relax and get on with living not fretting about living

10. I like that. I recently (Ok not so recently but still very sore) went through a really bad time having been let down by someone I thought to be a friend. I really thought I was sinking into a pit I'd never get out of.
    But here I am, still hurting but still the same person I was. A fool perhaps, but happy with the person that I am.

11. guitarplayer

How about just being an Idiot.
    A good old fashioned word for someone who's just not that bright.

It seems my egotism has got the better of me
    Again
    And I wrongly thought i meant something

Oh how wrong

A fool and an Idiot