1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

low exam results during nqt year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jeera, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hi

I was just wondering what the procedure is if you get really low exam results for GCSEs and AS level classes, if majority didnt achieve their target grades during the NQT year. Im doing my NQT at the moment and am really concerned about my students failing miserably as I dont think many are learning in my AS class as I have never taught this before and developing great resources im finding really tough to create and find. Also, If i do pass my NQT year, and my classes do achieve really poor grades, should i stay in that school (its embarrassing)

Thanks

2. If you feel your AS class aren't learning (what evidence do you have...?) then you need to get some support NOW! THese AS exams matter to those students and it is too crucial for their futures for you to just leave it. You need advice, you need help, it is hard teaching A-level which is why it is often not given to first year teachers. Get some help now before they get further behind.