1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Low Ability Sixth Form - Alternatives to A Level?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by TeachingBusiness, Oct 5, 2020.

1. TeachingBusiness

TeachingBusiness New commenter

Hi All,

I have just inherited a very low ability Lower Sixth group who are currently following the AQA A Level in Business. This is very likely to be unsuccessful for many and therefore I would like some ideas as to more suitable, engaging and easily manageable alternatives.

Cheers,

Darren

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

This is often the case for me as Business is for some seen as an easy option, I will read your thread with interest as colleagues in other schools tell me that the new BTEC for example is extremely challenging (particularly the external assessments) for some students who may even find the GCE more accessible.

It may in part be due to the tightening up of levels on vocational qualifications to align them more with the academic qualifications... but as I said I will read with interest.

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Haven’t taught Business for a few years but is the IFS Personal Finance Level 3 and 4 still offered? I found it quite successful pre 2016