1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Low ability KS4 having to do GCSE's instead of BTEC - resources?

Discussion in 'Science' started by KevinMahon, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Hi there!

I'm an NQT who is taking over some low abiltiy KS4 classes next year, who are going to be sitting Core and Addtional AQA science in year 10 and 11 respectively.

These are students who normally would've done BTEC, but as they're not being recognised any more, they'll have to sit a GCSE

I've been looking online to see if anyone else is in the same boat to little avail, and was wondering what people were planning to do? Are there any resources/support from exam boards for lower ability students taking Science GCSEs who can at best hope to get a D or an E?

2. AQA_Science_Lab

AQA_Science_Lab New commenter

Hi Kevin

Our Steps to success in science resources have been designed specifically for your situation

http://bit.ly/AQAS2S

I hope you find them useful. If I can be of any more help please get in touch.

Cassy Quinn, AQA GCSE Sciences

Email: gcsescience@aqa.org.uk

Tel: 01483 477 756

aqa.org.uk/science

3. kscience

kscience New commenter

Have a look at the entry level certificate resources, they are a gentle way into the main topics.

And be grateful that you class your lower ability students as those on the D/E borderline!! They will find most of the resources you use for other classes for GCSE accesible with a little adjustment