1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lovely phase2 phonics lesson/activity needed for job interview (reception class)

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nurass, Oct 17, 2017.

1. nurass

nurass New commenter

Hi,

I have just been invited to a job interview in two days time (nursery nurse in primary school). as part of the selection process I have been asked to plan and deliver a phase 2 phonics lesson/activity for a small group of children. I have been informed that the children have covered set 1,2 and 3 (Letters and Sounds) and have been focusing on blending.

Just wondered if anyone has any great small group activity ideas or lessons that they have tried out. Help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

How about a trash or treasure game? Bring a bin and a treasure chest (or pictures of them) and lots of cvc words - some real, some made up. Children take it in turns to read a word and decide if it should go in the bin (made up word) or the treasure chest. I usually get mine to use the word in a sentence before they're allowed to add it to the treasure chest.