1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lovely Cosmos

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by eleanorms, Nov 4, 2019.

1. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

It's that time of year.
    I make Cosmos' chocolate Christmas cake every year, and remember her calmness and enjoyment of life - even though I never met her.
    But ..... I can't get the link through the Good Housekeeping website. My computer is doing funny things, so it might just be that.
    Can anyone post another link?
    Thanks!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Likewise, such a funny and humble lady and so understated. Never met her but felt like I knew her. I think of her often at this time of year especially as Strictly is on and I know she loved it.

BelleDuJour and eleanorms like this.
  4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I liked her a lot.

5. eleanorms

That wasn't actually the one, but that sounds fab too, so thank you!
    I know not everyone has or wants religious faith, so mean no offence, but at the funeral of the great Geoff Hamilton, the minister said this. Always remember the first thing God made was a garden, and He has a great regard to anyone who does the same. Even if that means they would rather mow the lawn and check the roses than attend a church each week.

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I miss her posts about all sorts of things but especially about her new life in France and how she’d ‘attacked’ a stubborn hedge that day then swapped something with a neighbour and finished the day in front of the fire with something eggy on toast with a glass of wine sometimes followed by raspberries and cream. Cosmos, you are much missed.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

8. eleanorms

That must have been the one. I though I remembered putting cocoa in it, but maybe I'm mistaken.
    Thank you again!

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I am making this at this very moment, and thinking of Cosmos as I do regularly.
    Cosmos memorial day is actually 25th November, and I speak with her daughter on that day. It's like speaking with Cosmos again.
    But yes, November is 'that time of year'.
    I am a very spiritual person and believe Cosmos has visited me here at Belle Towers. I've had some very powerful moments when I've felt her presence..........her phone number has even popped up for no reason on my phone at times. I know she is here.
    Her birthday is 3 December so that is also coming up.
    I find myself thinking of her when having a 'rootle in the freezer' or 'something eggy on toast.
    Darling Cosmos x

sparklepig2002 and catmother like this.
  10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Could you tell her how much we miss her mum?

11. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Lovely, lovely lady. I thought of her when eating aubergines two days on the trot last week whilst my girls were away.

Much missed.

12. BelleDuJour

I will indeed x

sparklepig2002 likes this.
  13. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I also make her cake- but without the ginger.
    Thinking of you, Cosmos.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  14. BelleDuJour

Today is Cosmos Remembrance Day.
    So lets all raise a glass tonight or maybe dine on something eggy on toast and some rasps'.
    I expect she'll be 'up there' showing Tidal/Didactylose around.
    Cosmos...……………..gone but never forgotten.

15. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Certainly will.
    I love the picture of Cosmos 'showing tidal round'.;) Can you imagine the conversations?

Sundaytrekker and primarycat like this.
  16. BelleDuJour

I can hear them now!
    Have been in touch with Cosmos's daughter and she asked me to send her love to all the Tessers x

I still find it hard to accept she has gone...……...

17. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

A lovely picture: Cosmos and Tidal, looking down on the rest of us.

BelleDuJour and primarycat like this.
  18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Grr! I was going to do Moussaka with red wine and 'toast' with the rest of the bottle, but seems my aubergine, which looked fine on the outside, has rotted right through the core. :(

primarycat likes this.
  19. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I totally missed this, so will toast her with wine tonight, and have something eggy on toast for breakfast tomorrow.

Definitely a good idea to do the wine tonight, rather than with tomorrow-s breakfast, I think. Not quite Christmas holidays yet, eh!

BelleDuJour and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  20. BelleDuJour

Cosmos's daughter sent this to me.

She said
    'Mummy sent this to you. She said laugh!'
    This is soooo Cosmos.

Lara mfl 05 and nick909 like this.