1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Love your exam board?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by theonemiller, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Tell me who you are with and why you love them please. Am thinking of changing exam boards but need feedback from other teachers to help me decide. Currently disgruntled with our board and Head wants a change as well.. All advice gratefully received!

2. Tell me who you are with and why you love them please. Am thinking of changing exam boards but need feedback from other teachers to help me decide. Currently disgruntled with our board and Head wants a change as well.. All advice gratefully received!

3. [​IMG]

I assume BS - but GCSE? A Level? other!!!!!!!!!

4. Sorry! Was so disgruntled I forgot to say!. GCSE Business Studies.

5. Have a funny feeling it maybe Edexcel you are disgruntled with but here goes. For GCSE the exam is great - year 10 is multiple choice and reflects that it is knowledge based skills in year 1 of a 2 year course. Controlled assessment is ok but there are issues with conflicting advice.

Ian Marcouse has written the text book for the course and it is good.

Edexcel communities and Colin Leith's email are a good source of resources and ideas for teaching.

We used to use AQA but changed when we moved to the new course. We didn't particularly like their new offering and were a bit fed up.