1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Lost my degree certificate

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by cmennell, Oct 29, 2019.

  1. cmennell

    cmennell New commenter

    Hello I have been offered a new teaching post to start in January.

    I have given all the paperwork in and references and identification and GTP and teaching training certificates.

    They want the original certificate of my degree. This was lost when I moved house.

    Will I now not get the job because of this.

    I have looked at my university and it will cost fifty pounds to replace and even then I am. It guaranteed they can do it.

    Feeling very anxious can you help .......
  2. Rott Weiler

    Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

    Schools are required to check the qualifications claimed by job applicants so I don't think you have any option other than to pay the £50 for a duplicate copy from your University. Annoying - but it was you who lost it!
    Stiltskin likes this.
  3. rachel_g41

    rachel_g41 Established commenter

    I lost my degree certificates (along with other documents) shortly before moving abroad.

    Like you, I was put off by the high cost, but the University was able to give me a letter confirming my award at a much lower cost. Then I replaced the degree certificate later when I had enough spare cash to do so.

Share This Page