1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lost my DBS password

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by blazer, Oct 17, 2017.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

My DBS is coming up for renewal. I paid for the updates but have subsequently lost the password they sent me at the time. The site says 'tough'. Is there a way to get them to re-issue me with a password?

2. bonnie1

bonnie1 Senior commenter

I lost mine and called them, they gave it to me over the phones.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Thanks will give that a whirl.

4. The-Gaffer

The-Gaffer Occasional commenter

@blazer it should update automatically, at least mine did in August - you wont need a password

If you don't want it to update for any reason then just cancel the direct debit/standing order with the bank

pepper5 likes this.
  5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

My agency have asked for a scan of the cert. I assumed that it would be a new one accessible from the site. If it is the original one no problem.

pepper5 likes this.
  6. historygrump

historygrump Established commenter Forum guide

I would speak to them, I have known my password or remember it, if I am honest, but as others say phone them up and get anew password sent to you.

pepper5 likes this.
  7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

You will need the password if you use a credit card to pay each year. Eventually, when you get a new card the details can change. The card will be refused and they will give you a short time to change the details. You need the password to change your payment details.

8. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I'm always forgetting passwords. But there is an easy solution.:)

When you get your new one just put it on here so everyone knows. So next time you forget all you have to do is post a query on this forum and at least one person will be able to help you out.

I've given my new next door neighbour all my passwords so I don't have any problems should I forget them. He seems an honest fellow and has just bought a lovely new motorbike on a hire purchase agreement. I wish I could afford to do that but I've been overspending a lot recently. :confused:.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

OK, thanks

Got my DBS password over the phone. I thought my update reference would be on my page on the website but it isn't. Any idea where I might find this please?