1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Lost documents...HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Monty1942, Sep 5, 2012.

  1. Hi
    I have lost my PGCE graduation certifcate, issued by Liverpool Hope and also my QTS certifcate from the GTC. I have 3 questions. If you can answer any, please please answer away.
    1. How do I prove my QTS?
    2. How do I obtain a copy of my lost documents? Given the GTC no longer exists[​IMG]
    3. Can failing to furnish such documents prohibit me from obtaining work as a teacher?
    Thank you in advance
  2. I am in a similar boat- my uni have used the wrong details and so I can't pick up my copy of my QTS certificate.
    Contact your uni about the PGCE certificate; and I'm going to call the Teaching Agency to ask about getting a replacement.
    Teacher Enquiry Line
    The Teacher Enquiry Line handles queries about teacher induction, qualified teacher status and teacher regulation.
    Tel: 0300 7900225
    Email: gts.enquiries@education.gsi.gov.uk
  3. Vanadesse

    Vanadesse New commenter

    I didn't give either of these to my job (I'm an NQT), they didn't ask for them either.
  4. Don't panic. The PGCE is an academic qualification and NOT necessary for gaining employment as a qualified teacher - for that you need QTS.
    Your university would have recommended you for QTS to the GTC - their register of qualified teachers has now moved to the Teaching Agency (part of the DfE) and any school can check with the TA that you have QTS - you don't need your certificate.
    Your university will be able to provide confirmation of your PGCE and a transcript if necessary - contact the university registry for that.
    No you will not be prohibited from teaching as the TA can confirm that you have QTS, and, if it applies, that you passed induction. Your academic qualification can be confirmed by your university if, for example, you need confirmation for starting a masters degree.
    The Sage

Share This Page