1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lost coursework

Discussion in 'Music' started by dropje, Jun 8, 2012.

1. dropje

dropje New commenter

It seems parcelforce have lost Unit 2.
    I can get the CD but not the scores/controlled assessment due them being on student areas. And ofcourse none of the cover sheets will be signed as all students have left.

What does AQA do? Rely on my predicted grades?
    I swear this happens every year...

2. Never been in this situation but use the 2nd copy of the optical thingy if that makes sense. They will have to trust ur judgement without creating a 2nd lot of work for u!

3. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Can you get your IT department to access the student accounts to retrieve the scores?

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I may be out of date on this, but if work is lost I think the aegrotat mark for the unit is based largely on the candidates' performance in the other units. e.g. If a candidate averaged out at the 58th percentile in the other units, they are likely to be given the mark that corresponds with the 58th percentile for Unit 2. There may well be some referral to the predicted grade for the subject as a whole, but I think this is only used if the centre has a record of consistently accurate predictions for the subject.

5. pauljoecoe

pauljoecoe New commenter

Am I the only one who makes copies of everything before putting in the post. Its not difficut and seems very obvious to me.

In addition all the work is on the school network which is availiable, even in the holidays.

6. dropje

dropje New commenter

Did that for Unit 3 & 4 not 2 for some reason...time was against me.

7. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Give yourself a gold star.
    #MrSmug

8. dropje

dropje New commenter

FOUND!!!
    It seems parcelforce face a £400,000 pound fine for loosing course work.