1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Losing hope

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Dance49, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hi all.
    I qualified from a primary pgce last summer and have been sending of applications for an NQT post for what feels like ages. I have now sent around 40ish applications and had just 3 interviews. Beginning to lose hope as just cannot get myself shortlisted. One recent application which I recieved some feedback on said out of 80 applications I got onto their longlist of 16, but not their shortlist for interviewing. How to make my application stand out and get on that shortlist?!
    Not really expecting any answers just feel a bit sorry for myself and losing hope on achieving that NQT post.

2. I feel your pain. I've applied for around 24 jobs since I qualified last summer and not been shortlisted at all, 0 interviews. I've had my statements/applications checked by several professionals and all have said it is strong & excellent.
    But as the summer term looms and no nqt position, it feels nothing but horrible.