1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

losing hope - can one convert initial teacher education into nursery nurse or similar?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by annarm, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Having been successful in my induction so far, but having to leave as a result of family problems has left me facing the end of my 16 month supply allowance (with 1 term induction 'banked.') I am aware i can apply for extensions, but does anyone know if you can train as a nursery nurse even after ITE? Would that be even possible? Or would you be somehow able to 'fast track?' Have looked and researched but to no avail.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

There would be nothing to stop you training to be a Nursery Nurse, or a train driver or a an accountant etc!
    However, as you have QTS, why not be a Nursery teacher? It's the same pay as any other teacher gets and you'd only need a short conversion course, if that. If you already teach in KS1, you'll already know what pupils are like at the end of EYFS.