1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to work in the UAE!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sanna993, May 4, 2018.

1. sanna993

sanna993 New commenter

Hi guys

So I’ve recently been looking into teaching in Abu Dhabi, but I’m not sure if it’s the right move for me?

I have diabetes and take a few other medications and my medication is covered by the NHS.

I have looked at school vacancies that offer health insurance. But I’m not sure what the health insurance covers. Will my insulin and medication be covered by the health insurance the school provide me with? Any info would be great thanks!

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Any decent school it wont be a problem, but the level of schools in the ME in general can vary so much, all the way from truly awful to ok. The decent ones then it really wont be a problem

3. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I think diabetes is pretty wodesprewi here, so I think all medical insurance would cover it. One of my colleagues has it and our insurance covered them.

4. Cy50r5forV

Cy50r5forV New commenter

Just looked up diabetes on FB! Not nice.