1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to visit inspiring maths schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jessjaw, Nov 13, 2019.

1. jessjaw

jessjaw New commenter

Hi All

I am a maths coordinator at an independent prep school. As part of my CPD I need to visit another school to share good practice and wondered if anyone either works somewhere inspiring, or has visited somewhere they could suggest?

We are not part of a group and, being an independent school, aren't linked up with any of our local schools so I'm really struggling to find somewhere.

We are just beginning to follow White Rose, really focusing on outdoor learning and are looking to find out more about STEM with regards to maths.

If you have any advice, I would really appreciate it!!

Many thanks
    Jess

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Whereabouts in the country are you? I can think of a couple of good schools but that'd be no good if they are a few hundred miles away.

3. jessjaw

jessjaw New commenter

I'm in Essex - happy to travel quite far... :)

4. DFC

DFC New commenter

Try contacting your local Maths Hub. They will be able to give you lots of support and advice.

I think your local one will be Matrix and Essex. Look on the NCETM website for more info.

5. FriedEggs

FriedEggs New commenter

You can join in with workgroups with your local Maths Hub. You will have to pay, as public funding can't be used for this.