1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

looking to the summer and money...

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hawaiian soul, May 6, 2012.

1. hawaiian soul

hawaiian soul New commenter

I'm in the same position and would be interested in the name of that company too! cheers

2. where do you live? The charity where I work during the holidays are looking for people. Only trouble is you have to wait a month to get paid.

3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

iwould like to know too!
    Portsmouth if that is local enough!

4. Perey

Perey New commenter

Interesting, I should really be thinking about things like this!

What was it like? You say hard work but did you have to do?

Thanks!

5. don't think they go as far as Portsmouth sorry. But it's a holiday play scheme for SEN children so I am sure they must have something similiar in your area.

6. How about in the North West? I live in Bolton and I'm dreading a summer, without money or a job. I'm about to qualify and have a job starting in September, but could do with something to tide me over, between finishing my PGCE and starting in September. However I don't want to move away and stay away for the summer, I want to stay living at home, which appears to greatly hinder my options.

7. Don't forget to sign on for JSA, I did last year and found the Jobcentre people were lovely and I stocked up on prescription medicine, had my teeth done and got new glasses.

8. Hey, I hope this finds you happy and well.
    My name is Catriona, I'm currently doing supply teaching and I would like the details of the camp you worked at if possible?
    Thank you.
    Regards
    Catriona