1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

looking to teach at secondary school level but had a caution

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by stainforth1984, Jan 20, 2011.

1. hi there, i got a caution for beeen associated with a fight about 6 years ago. i have never been in any trouble brfore or since then. i wanted to know how this would effect mt application. i was 20 then now im 26. will i still have to declare this on the crb. and will universities turn me away automatically?? im working in a shool doing my classroom experience, will this act favourably for my application

2. hi there, i got a caution for beeen associated with a fight about 6 years ago. i have never been in any trouble brfore or since then. i wanted to know how this would effect mt application. i was 20 then now im 26. will i still have to declare this on the crb. and will universities turn me away automatically?? im working in a shool doing my classroom experience, will this act favourably for my application

3. Any convictions or charges should always be declared when you have your CRB check. It is up to the individual course providers to assess the details of your CRB check, and then inform you of their decision in writing.
    As any decision is at the discretion of the individual course providers, it is not possible for me to say whether or not your application would be rejected. However I can confirm that you would not be turned away automatically, and that it is certainly not uncommon for applicants who have received cautions to be accepted onto an initial teacher training course.
    The CRB check forms just one part of the application process, with many other factors being taken into account before a decision is reached. You are already doing the best thing possible to strengthen your application, which is to be gaining current classroom experience. This will be seen positively by course providers, and clearly indicates your enthusiasm for teaching.
    Graham Holley