1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to recruit an online/telephone teacher mentor year 2 to help with planning - 1 hour an eve.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by janegubbins, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hi,

I need outside mentor/confidence building/ lesson planning to help me get through my PGCE.
    Please let me know if you would be interested.
    Thanks Jane

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm sure I answered this question yesterday...not sure if others did as well.

3. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

You did and I read it, but didn't reply myself!
    The OP seems to have included "1 hour an eve" as part of their thread title. I'm not sure how many teachers would be prepared to give up this kind of time EVERY evening. I know I just couldn't give that kind of commitment.
    As minnieminx said in your other similar thread - get your advice for free on here by posting questions and asking for help. You'll get lots of people who will help and give up a bit of their time for free.

4. I'll do it. I charge £50 per hour, whether you use me or not.
    Or, as others have already said, access much wider, better and free advice by posting on here. Do make sure that you check back in on threads and acknowledge replies / help though.

5. You might want to say how much you are willing to pay if you really are set on 1:1.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL noeyedeer!
    Seriously though, anyone who wants payment for that sort of thing probably isn't going to be the kind of person with your best interests at heart.

If you honestly think that you will need an hour a night of 1:1 support, on top of everything school and university provide, just to be able to pass the course then you might want to think really carefully if this is the right career for you. I know that sounds a little harsh, but you won't find your NQT year any easier and teaching doesn't suddenly get super easy in your second year either.

I understand that you might just be feeling worried right now about your placements, but the vast majority of trainees pass with no problems. You probably will as well. And if there are things you feel clueless about, there is always the TES forums to ask.