1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to become a Media Studies teacher

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by martycorner, May 31, 2012.

1. martycorner

martycorner New commenter

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I've been away travelling for a while and have returned to try and become a media studies teacher. It was always my plan to become one however it seems that alot has happened to this subject in the time i have been away.
    Before leaving there seemed to be an abundance of courses but now they seem to have just disapeared. I've looked into routes to start teaching this subject but just wondering if anyone else has been through these/ going about it another way.
    I've contacted the Cornwall Scitt program however they fear the course won't be around next year.
    I've also considered doing a PGCE in Lifelong Learing to gain Qualified Teacher accrediation however I'm worried how HR at further education establishments look upon these?
    Any information that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

2. martycorner

martycorner New commenter

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I've been away travelling for a while and have returned to try and become a media studies teacher. It was always my plan to become one however it seems that alot has happened to this subject in the time i have been away.
    Before leaving there seemed to be an abundance of courses but now they seem to have just disapeared. I've looked into routes to start teaching this subject but just wondering if anyone else has been through these/ going about it another way.
    I've contacted the Cornwall Scitt program however they fear the course won't be around next year.
    I've also considered doing a PGCE in Lifelong Learing to gain Qualified Teacher accrediation however I'm worried how HR at further education establishments look upon these?
    Any information that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

3. I teach/lead Media Studies in my school but also teach English and did and English and Media PGCE.

Hope that helps.