1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking my age!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Earl Davids wife, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

I was shocked (very shocked) to realise that I no longer have eyelids. My lashes prop up the rest. Probably due to wearing glasses and constantly squinting in the sun. Or just old age but a real shock [​IMG]

2. The really scary moment is when I catch a look at myself in one of those magnified mirrors. Sharp intake of breath.

3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Preserve the illusion of a decent facial strusture: DON'T EVER DO THIS! Place a mirror on, say a bed or low table, and then bend over and look down at your reflection. Gravity is evil.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I hate to say it here, but one of the few physical attributes I'm pleased about is that I'm frequently mistaken for someone at least a decade younger than my age, by both children and adults. My sister's the same so I think we've inherited the youth gene from our mother.

Mind you, the portrait up in my attic's beginning to look pretty grim ;-)

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Snap.
    I am consoled by the fact that I still have all my limbs and extremities intact and am in good health.

6. I stopped going on top ten years ago.

7. This made me chuckle.

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

I also think a lot of it is pure luck - down to genes.
    A friend is a few years younger than me and very wrinkly. One of the few nice things I can say about myself is that I have few wrinkles. Yay!
    Mind you, I might wake up tomorrow looking like a prune.

9. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Tee hee- me too. I need to lose a couple of stone before that view will be returned to Mr S!

10. Smile always, have a happy outlook, surely you will forget about the lines