1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for songs with specific content

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonowen, Sep 7, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

What a challenge Magnus! I think I remember song "Can't get you out of my head" , think it is a Kylie Minogue song from 1990s? Have you Googled "Songs about Madness" ?
    Maybe others will have better ideas. When is the performance for this play?
    [​IMG]

2. Thank you jonowen, The Kylie song seems perfect, especially when it's so simple!

3. For the first one, how about A1's "She Doesn't See Me" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOM5sp6DPmc ). The pitch is quite low (but can always be transposed to suit the voices concerned) but the song has a simple verse structure with a Celtic influence:
    For something more sinister/vampiric, The Police's "Every Breath You Take" is actually much darker than many people realise, very much about obsession and stalking.

For going insane, a number come to mind depending on context (who is going insane, for what reason and with what symptoms?). If you're playing for laughs, I suppose there's Napoleon XIV's "They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha".

4. crazy chick charlotte church?

5. The A1 song is just perfect. It will work as the grand finale also. Thank you so much for your help.