1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pupils with Dyslexia in the area of Reading for PhD research (Anna Tsakalaki, Institute of Education, University of Reading)

Discussion in 'English' started by Tsakalaki, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Everyday practice in the classroom has shown that writing and spelling procedures are very challenging, especially for learners with Dyslexia, who often continue struggling in adulthood, if their difficulties are not addressed efficiently.

If you are a SENCo/teacher/parent of or other professional working with a pupil already diagnosed with Dyslexia or with a dyslexic profile between 8 and 12 years old living in the broader area of Reading, please encourage them to participate in this project to gain an insight into their specific spelling and writing difficulties.

I am a CRB checked teacher myself and a PhD researcher in the Institute of Education, University of Reading. My research project starting in September 2012 will aim to look into writing and spelling difficulties of Dyslexic pupils in different writing conditions.

The findings of the study will help them and their teachers understand and address their specific learning needs but will also contribute to the creation of more effective interventions and educational programmes for pupils with Dyslexia.

The study is approved by the Ethics Committee of the University of Reading and the written consent of the Headteachers, parents and children will be pre-requested.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in learning more about the study. I am happy to give you more information, answer any questions and send you an information sheet with further details.

Thank you in advance for your time,
    Anna Tsakalaki,
    PhD researcher,
    University of Reading,
    Institute of Education