1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for good mindfulness/wellbeing activities...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsMarie, Mar 4, 2017.

1. MrsMarie

MrsMarie New commenter

Hi,

I am looking for some good FREE or VERY cheap mindfulness/well being activities I can us with my Year 4 class. The school and ai don't have any spare money but my class and I NEED something!

Help!

Share your ideas or places I can find some things.

When ai find things, I will post them here as well.

Thanks!

pcsmush likes this.
  2. pcsmush

pcsmush Occasional commenter

You can get some really good yoga and meditation resources online. The children love our meditation sessions in particular. The only downside was that one of the parents objected to meditation because of how it links to Buddhism....I know....

Landofla and MrsMarie like this.
  3. MrsMarie

MrsMarie New commenter

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Do you mean colouring in?

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I was going to say colouring in as well! ;)
    Cosmic Yoga is free on YouTube and all of year 4-6 have loved it in my school.

Mindfulness won't 'cure' bad behaviour or liveliness.

6. carol_catton

carol_catton New commenter

I know you say that you don't have any money but, if you did, you'd find
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    PSHE useful. There's a link on their website to a report by Sheffield Hallam university showing the benefits.
    If you'd like to try something for yourself, I found Headspace really useful. The first 10 sessions are free!

7. WolfPaul

WolfPaul Occasional commenter

Is mindfulness the new brain gym? I can hardly believe teachers can find class time for this latest fad!

8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We have jigsaw. It isn't useful for PSHE and certainly isn't anything like what you want as mindfulness.