1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for French class observation in a Secondary School

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by guillaume_rio_56000, Jan 23, 2018.

1. guillaume_rio_56000

guillaume_rio_56000 New commenter

Hello,

My name is Guillaume, I'm French and I'm interested in becoming a French (and possibly Spanish) teacher in the UK.

In order to have access to a French Master, I need to do a class observation for at least two weeks in a British school. I am currently living in Spain, being a French teacher's assistant in a primary school, until the end of May. Therefore, I would like to do the observation in June or July, so that I could start my Master next year.

Ideally I would like to do it in a secondary school, in a small or mid-sized city so that the accommodation would not be too much expensive, and not too far from an airport as I won't be there for long. As I already lived in England for one year (in York, with the Erasmus program), I would prefer a city situated in the South of England.

I guess that many cities could fit this description but I have no idea where to start my research. So if you are yourself a French teacher interested or if you have any contacts or advice, I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

PS : I'm not sure this is the right category to post this message so don't hesitate to move it if it's not.

2. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Have you checked if a Master's degree is the route into teaching you need? Does it give you Qualified Teacher Status?

3. guillaume_rio_56000

guillaume_rio_56000 New commenter

veverett likes this.