1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for free or cheap classroom posters

Discussion in 'English' started by jessica_peneli_anderson, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Hello! In September I will be the very proud owner of my own classroom. However, I need something to jazz my walls up with. Apparently there are sites that will let you order free posters. Does anyone know where I can find them as I haven't found any so far!

Thanks,

Jessica

2. joyce-b

joyce-b New commenter

Hi Jessica, is it English your are teaching?
    Regards
    Barry

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Decide on the classroom culture you'd like to foster, and then look for free posters using Google Images and the size options therein. You can also create your own using blockposters.com
    Displaying key terminology, expectations, classroom routines can also be useful - I often create these in the first weeks with the students so it is their work on the walls. There are plenty of great free publishing resources out there so you don't end up with cra*ppy-looking pieces on your wall (e.g. Pixabay, Canva etc).

Naylm and pepper5 like this.
  4. shy75

shy75 New commenter

pepper5 likes this.
  5. missladuncan

missladuncan New commenter

Have you asked your librarian? I was on the same hunt as you a few weeks back before I had a lightbulb moment, emailed her, and she brought a whole bundle along she wasn’t using!

pepper5 likes this.
  6. SelectMyTutor

SelectMyTutor New commenter

Kindly let me know about your classroom subjects. Also, suggest what kind of posters you need for the classroom. Elaborate on me.

pepper5 likes this.