1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for elementary and secondary school math teachers to interview for school assignment

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kcleisibach, Sep 16, 2019.

1. kcleisibach

kcleisibach New commenter

Hi, I'm Klaud and an education major. I'm taking an introductory class called "teaching mathematics" and need to interview an elementary math teacher and a high school math teacher about how they assess their students. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

kcleisibach@up.edu.ph

"BTW, here are the stipulations for my assignment: Make a report of your interviews of the two teachers. Your report should include the following:
    a. Photos of you interviewing the teachers (as proof). Ask permission from the teacher to take a photo of her while you are doing the interview. Inform the teacher that the information that you will gather will be kept confidential.

b. Name of the school where the teacher is teaching and the grade level he/she is handling
    c. Description of their assessment practices and classified either as assessment for learning, assessment as learning, or as assessment of learning.

d. Comparison of the assessment practices used by the two teachers in terms of assessment tools used and how these tool are used.

e. Report should not be more that 3 pages (double-space).

Attached Files:

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Ha ha. Reminds me of the time my American sister in law was training to be a teacher and had a little practice on three of her nephews and nieces who were then about twelve. She wildly underestimated where they would be in their maths learning at that age and was somewhat taken aback when they completed what she thought were difficult tasks in a matter of moments.

lilachardy likes this.
  3. frustum

frustum Star commenter

This is primarily a UK site - I'm guessing from the email address that you're in the Philippines, and it sounds as if you need teachers local to you, so you aren't likely to get responses from here.

4. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Wrong country mate!

5. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

And in any case, all the math teachers here are miserable!

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

That's because they are all single, the maths teachers on the other hand are much more sociable.

TCSC47 likes this.
  7. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I have to admit Mang, I knew there was a joke there somewhere but it would not come to me! Good one!

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Klaud, wouldn't it be better to interview teachers closer to home? Their imput will have far more relevance.

Anyway, I wish you well.

TCSC47 likes this.