1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Design and Technology CPD for Primary school

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Carrots, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Carrots

Carrots New commenter

Hello
    Any one got any suggestions for CPD in Design and Technology for primary school for me who has just become DT co-ordinator? I have a degree in Art and Design but i don''t know what cams are or levers, and I have to plan KS2 and KS1 activities as we only have two classes within the school! So I have to ensure that we cover the 'best bits' of each area within the subject.

I have no budget so any CPD training will be coming out of my pocket, so ideally if there was an online course, that would be even better or if you can guide me into reading any particularly books.

Thank you in advance for any advice and support I get

2. phatsals

phatsals Senior commenter

3. novorapid

novorapid New commenter

Hi suggest you sign up to the National STEM Centre website there's lots of excellent resources. Also as DT Coordinator a great way of tackling DT is to run integrated steam projects. Polar Explorer on the National STEM website is a great place to start. If you visit the website of Gomer Junior School Gosport you can see their gstem projects page.
    See also https://www.stem.org.uk/cpd