1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for arithmetic drills

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by thesilentplanet, Jul 23, 2018.

1. thesilentplanet

thesilentplanet New commenter

I am trying to build up my games and mini tests folder for my classes this year, and I am trying to look for a timed arithmetic drill - either online or as a programme.

When I was at school, my maths teacher had us do these arithmetic drills that he could vary the time (from 5 seconds per question onwards) and what type of arithmetic questions would be given. Issue I am finding on my search is everything I have found seems to be a "type in your answer" kind of thing, and only then will it move on (if you typed it in time).

Has anyone found a drill that automatically moves onto the next question (and then you can review all the answers at the end)?

2. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

You can always use Powerpoint, one question per page and set it to auto-advance. That would require a lot of preparation but it would work.

3. briceanus

briceanus New commenter

Have you seen 10 Quick Question from CSF software ? There is a pro version, but the freeware one, although no longer supported, is pretty decent.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

By all means drill your pupils but set the questions yourself, have them answer with pencil & paper and do not time them.