1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for another job

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Hoping2012, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

I am working at a school but am looking for another job at a different school , if i want to visit another school what is the best way to tell the deputy at my current school - can i just say i have a appointment or do i need to give a reason?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Definitely be upfront and honest, after all they'll be writing your reference. Say how much you've appreciated the experience at the school, their support but need to look at different challenges or whatever seems appropriate.
    You are entitled to time off for interviews but not for visits, so be prepared for them either, to request you take it unpaid or refuse to give you the time off.

3. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

Ok thanks for your response will defi do that - will have to visit the school after school then

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

After school or on PPA time is usually the way.

5. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

When i rang the school up they said they have a specifc time and date to visit (school hours), which is difficult for me as i am teaching at school then. What to do?

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Don't visit then. Mention in your statement about it being regrettable, but don't fret.