1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for an ensemble style play for BTEC group - 11 girls

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by worksleepwork, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I'm looking for a short play (or excerpts of a play) I can do with my Yr 10 BTEC group of 11 girls. I'd like an ensemble style piece where thay can have pretty even parts and change roles. Last year I did Grimm Tales and something similar but not too similar would be great. I've thought of continuing the storytelling theme with Arabian Nights but I'd prefer to do something a bit different.The more I think about it the more blank I go. It's for the acting unit and needs to work as a half hour piece - I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts!

Thanks,
    L

2. Hi All,
    I'm looking for a short play (or excerpts of a play) I can do with my Yr 10 BTEC group of 11 girls. I'd like an ensemble style piece where thay can have pretty even parts and change roles. Last year I did Grimm Tales and something similar but not too similar would be great. I've thought of continuing the storytelling theme with Arabian Nights but I'd prefer to do something a bit different.The more I think about it the more blank I go. It's for the acting unit and needs to work as a half hour piece - I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts!

Thanks,
    L

3. Look at Antigone adaptation here; chorus infinitely expandable.

4. dande

dande New commenter

Adult Child Dead Child by Claire Dowie. Saw it done as an ensemble piece about ten years ago. Was fantastic.

5. Thanks everyone - off to do some internet shopping!

6. The Steamie by Tony Roper
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Steamie