1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by bagrant14, Oct 30, 2019.

1. bagrant14

bagrant14 New commenter

I'm considering selling some resources but I have some questions about tax and copyright.

I'm an Australian citizen, currently residing in Vietnam. Would I be able to report any income from selling resources in Australia as worldwide income and pay tax there or would I have to pay tax in the UK?

Also, I've read the advice on copyright but I'm unclear on something - if I post a webquest that directs students to a website I don't own am I breaching copyright?

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Sadly we are unable to provide individual income tax advice, it may be that other authors in similar situations might be able to advise you with that. Sales taxes on the purchases will be paid by Tes automatically based on the location of the buyer of a resource, so you needn't worry about that part.

Again, copyright is a very difficult area for us to provide clear advice on specific situations as every situation is different. While we do allow links to third party websites as a constituent part of your content, you are responsible for checking that you are allowed to share that link.

On the overall concept of 'webquests', this is a format that could not be hosted on or downloaded from the Tes platform and therefore we recognise the necessity to link to another website. However the copyright stipulations of the site(s) you link to must be researched by yourself as the uploader.

[Richard]