1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice on French penpals

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rachelle_mccoy, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Greetings!
    It is my first year teaching French 1 (13-15 year olds) and several students have mentioned that they would enjoy having a French penpal. I was wondering if anyone had any guidance in this area--which sites to use, what has worked for you, what hasn't, etc. I'd rather gather the wisdom of someone else's experience before jumping into the whole thing. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. annagrainger

annagrainger New commenter

I now teach Primary MFL and we have linked with a Spanish school via eTwinning (www.etwinning.net). Every child in Years 5 and 6 have a penpal and we write letters as part of our MFL lessons. You could probably find a French school who is also looking for English penpals on there and then work out with the teacher how it will work for you. I don't know if that's been any help to you!

3. samuelwoodman

samuelwoodman New commenter

Hello, I'm a parent at a French secondary school in Paris looking to set up an exchange program with a UK school. If you're still on the look out for French penpals, please don't hesitate to contact us as my daughter's class is very eager to exchange with UK penpals.

4. Hello I am a French Teacher, I would be greatly interested by an exchange with your students.
    I teach in a private high school near Paris : La salle Passy Buzenval.
    Would you be interested ?