1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a teaching job in the Middle East to start Aug/Sep 2011

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by zeldad, May 4, 2011.

1. Good evening to all.

I am currently looking for a P.E position in the middle east Aug/Sep 2011. I have been searching online for variable teaching positions, but not much luck.
    I have to hand in my resignation at the end of half term, so therefore I am quite urgently searching.
    Are there any advice on specific sites that I can visit or are there teachers that is already in the MIddle East who will provide me with information on shcools who are currently recruiting for P.E staff.Any help or support will be much appreciated.
    Zelda [​IMG]

2. I might be able to help. Your not Canadian, are you? The school I'm going to in September had two PE positions available a few weeks ago, but school is very specific about where you qualified. PM me and tell you all about it. It's a long shot.

3. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

Many international schools start to recruit quite a lot earlier than schools in the UK. It might have been better if the OP had started sending out CVs and application forms in January or even in December, rather than in May. However, there will always be some vacancies popping up at strange times. Some schools have trouble filling all of their vacancies because they are pretty ghastly places in which to be a teacher.
    People say that the bad reviews of ME schools on the ISR are simply sour grapes and exaggeration. I don't agree with that view.

4. If you do a google search on schools in Dubai or Abu Dhabi the webpages for the schools may give you a list of teachers they are looking for.

5. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

I'm with you hippo. I accepted a job in very late June last year for September and although not a complete disaster, the school made out to be something quite different from when they interviewed me. To the best of my knowledge, all the better places have been filled.