1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a GTP employing school

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by KhalidaWahid, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi can anyone suggest Primary schools I can write to for a GTP placement? In London?

2. Hi can anyone suggest Primary schools I can write to for a GTP placement? In London?

3. Hi,
    You can find a comprehensive list of primary schools in London on the following website:
    www.schoolswebdirectory.co.uk
    You could also contact course providers offering the GTP to see if they can suggest primary schools that have previously been involved in the programme. The following page of the TDA website will allow you to search for employment-based initial teacher training (EBITT) providers in London:
    www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/gtp/Search.aspx
    It is not always easy to find a school willing to give you a placement, and as such it is important to be persistent. Being in London will certainly improve your chances, especially if you are prepared to travel in order to undertake the programme.
    I wish you the very best with your search to find a supporting school.
    Stephen Hillier, TDA

4. It's worth sending out to a variety of schools - especially at the moment, when the schools won't be able to get experienced staff (the resignation date is past) and they might be more amenable to considering recruitment in a different way. It's worth getting some experience too, so you could think about some voluntary experience or some school visits. This would give an edge to your application. As a trainer, it's often a gamble to take on a GTP - you need evidence for their skills and potential.