1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking but not buying.

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by literarybimbo, Aug 27, 2016.

1. literarybimbo

literarybimbo New commenter

Hello,

I wonder if you'd give me your thoughts...

I am getting lots of views on my resources but not many downloads. They are priced at the minimum £2.00 and I don't think they are **** (this would be he most obvious reason I am aware) so I'm wondering if there is another reason people are looking but not buying.

I did have a thought which could be widely off the mark but... If you see the previews of any resource the potential purchaser could just take the content and copy it into a format on their PC as TES lets you see the whole resource.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,

LB

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

On average about 5-8% of people who view my resources go on to buy them. If you are worried about people using your preview you can always zip some of the files and leave some for previews. Good luck :)

3. literarybimbo

Ah so that's what you do- zip them. Thanks :)
    I need to produce some more but I just agonise about getting them just right. I think I just need to go for it and upload.

4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Zip em or merge em. Previews only show a few pages! It's worth taking the time to get them as perfect as possible before you upload and be careful not to breach copyright. It will save you time in the long run :)

5. literarybimbo

I just avoid using images at the moment or will look at Creative Commons licence stuff. Copyright a nightmare otherwise I imagine!