1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at moving to Singapore

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by eveningbreakfast, Apr 2, 2020.

1. eveningbreakfast

eveningbreakfast New commenter

Hi there, I am 24 with 6 years experience working as an early childhood teacher. I have a BTchng in ECE and have my full teaching registration here in New Zealand.

In the future I'm looking at applying for a job at a particular international school (NZ's neighbour) and was wondering if my qualifications are enough to land a position there? I don't have any dependants, I am moving to be with my Singaporean boyfriend.

In the event that I do get a job in SG, what is a reasonable salary to ask for with my current skillset.

Being a mixed-race person, I do often wonder what my experience will be like working in a predominantly Caucasian school. I am very Westernised but have heard about disparities in the way other races are treated at some international schools. Will this be an issue?

All input and experiences are welcome. Thank you!

2. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

I would post this on the International Teaching thread. There will be more knowledgeable people on that thread.

3. eveningbreakfast

eveningbreakfast New commenter

Thank you, will do!