1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Looked After Children

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by kinvara, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Am thinking of applying for a post in a LACES, obviously I need to do some research on the educational provision for the children as i am a 'bog standard' teacher. I wonder if any one could point me in the right direction concerning 'SEN procedures and current children's issues' and in fact any other areas I should be considering. i've had a litte trawl through the internet but not sure my focus is right. So any advice gratefully received.

2. Am thinking of applying for a post in a LACES, obviously I need to do some research on the educational provision for the children as i am a 'bog standard' teacher. I wonder if any one could point me in the right direction concerning 'SEN procedures and current children's issues' and in fact any other areas I should be considering. i've had a litte trawl through the internet but not sure my focus is right. So any advice gratefully received.

3. Hi- I would just like to say thank you for this detailed and considered reply which has helped me very much, with my essays and considerations pre-final placement.
    I am a third year Student Teacher and have sometimes found that there is a slightly disheartening dichotomy between what is taught and aspired to within university; and what actually happens on the front line.
    Thank you