1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Look what I found on the news channel...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TES_Rosaline, Oct 21, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I thought you meant PROPER news! #disappointed :(

4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Once upon a time Bill Hicks used to write a most entertaining column on what teachers were talking about on the forums. I wonder what happened to him.

Rhoswen77 likes this.
  5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Sorry you are disappointed @grumpydogwoman . I thought it might help to bring more people to the forums.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  6. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

:D There are times when I'm glad I mostly post nonsense.

Rhoswen77 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I think it's rather good that TES are putting our views into the press. It's surely better that real views are published rather than the saccharine-tainted views that the Education Secretary et al push on the public.

It would be wonderful, in my view at least, if TES took the lead in publishing the reality that education is going through in an effort to change things for the better. Someone's got to do something before the implosion happens.

cissy3 likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Interesting approach... have to see where it leads.

9. yfel_endwerce

We could do with some more new blood on here.

I don't mean that literally :eek:

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  10. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

New blood or fresh meat?
    It's a nice idea but I'm not sure the summary is perhaps as true to the threads in question as it could be.

lanokia likes this.
  11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Your really are not expecting that goverment will take much notice of ranting teachers or their views are you?
    Its good they are published. although whether mine would be worthy i doubt it....but why not . Mos things are worth a try.

12. yfel_endwerce

From what I have read it appears that all the carnivores have left or have turned vegetarian.

13. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

She's just recovering herself after seeing one of my comments. She's ignoring me, don't you know. It's a bliss I'd miss.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It is if it gets read by a large enough number. Will the Daily Mail be quoting from TES? The BBC might, if there's a shortage of news, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

15. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I make no apology for trying to be optimistic. Having read posts from despairing and desperate teachers on Workplace Dilemmas, Pay and Conditions, this forum, and others across the site, I could easily slip back into the dark place I was four years ago when I was in despair and desperate. I don't want to feel as though nobody wants to listen to what teachers have got to say about some workplaces that are falling very short in their remit. I hope to goodness that somebody, somewhere, does read something put out by TES, as per Roseline's OP, and that they bloody do something about it.

cissy3 likes this.
  16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Don't get me wrong, redquilt, the situation needs to be brought into public awareness. Will this article alone be able to do that?

17. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

No but I assume that garnering posters viewpoints in the way that Roseline has been lately, and publishing them regularly is a NuTes initiative. Perhaps there is a chance, even a slim one, that one might be noticed one day.

18. Vince_Ulam

Yes, then the whole world will know our views on fridge magnets and poo.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Rhoswen77 likes this.
  19. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

foxtail3 likes this.
  20. Vince_Ulam

I'd settle for just losing some of the old blood.