1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term supply..

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by nicebeaver, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I would be very careful if I were you...........yes go ahead......but don't get drawn into anything....and make sure you cover your back.
    Some HT & staff can be psychos!

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi NB,
    How right you are!!
    Not even 3hours into the job I had met a HTLA in the corridor during just after the lunch bell had gone. In passing she demanded my plans, moaned at me because she didn't know what to teach. Then refused to go to class with me to get said plans as her day ends at 12.
    Yesterday I emailed her the Mondays maths and literacy plans with weekly objectives sketched out for the following 8wks. Has she emailed me her thanks- No. Not a dicky bird!
    I was asked by the maths co-ordinator to "make sure the HLTA and TA were doing the planned work, as they didn't with the previous teacher". I did feel really awkward about this as I was certain this is exactly what SMT would be saying to the HLTA and TA about me.
    Has anyone else worked in a 2 entry form school? I have done loads of planning for Science and shared it with the parallel class teacher. Unfortunately, he has not been as forth coming with his share of the planning (Topic). He is permanent and I don't want to appear as though I am nagging him as I have already asked him twice.
    How do you handle the awkward and the lazy ones?
    BPG