1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term supply to maternity cover - NQT

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by chica_kernowes, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am an NQT and since 1 Jan have been employed through a supply agency at a Primary School. The agency don't charge a release fee to the school, but instead they ask that I work for them (as per supply pay rate etc) for 10 weeks, then the school has agreed to take me on from 15 March to continue to cover maternity. This will now last until the end of Summer term which means I will get 2 terms of my NQT year done. What sort of pay rate should I be on from 15 March please? I don't seem to be able to find many people in this situation...
    Thanks!

2. Assuming that you have no prior experience, you will start on M1. Take a look at the pay calculator for roughly working out how much this will be monthly...
    Bear in mind when transferring you may go a while without any salary going from weekly pay to monthly (some LEAs have taken two onths to get organised!).
    This may mean you get summer pay also....??? Find out when contract is until...