1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term supply rate

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hamjam, Jun 8, 2011.

1. hamjam

hamjam New commenter

Hi fellow supply teachers,
    I am currently at a school and have been here for about 5 weeks now. I am scheduled to work until July 2011 with a possible Sept start until Dec 2011. My agent informs me that he is unable to change the rate as I have been on a long term rate as my daily rate since I started with him at (£130 per day).
    What is the average long term daily rate and should I be pushing for more money?
    Thank you!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Your daily rate is £130? Count yourself VERY lucky! I get that for long term and only if I push.

3. £10 more than I get.

4. Me too and that's if I am lucky enough to get any work! [​IMG]

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I'm on £115 daily and £120 long term. You've got some good money there!!

6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I am lucky enough to be with an LEA which pays to scale, so get about £170 a day!

7. teacher0

teacher0 New commenter

In Wales I am lucky if I get an extra 5 pounds for long term work!

8. I have had to fight really hard to get any extra for long term. But they eventually caved in and gave me £2 extra a day!!!!!!!!!

9. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

£190 per day for long term supply starting in September......but I've got a very good agency and a very good consultant

10. janeygrey

janeygrey New commenter

Wow... I am not gonna say how much I get but mine is nicely over the £130 mentioned here, but less than that £190. You must be an awesome negotiator! Well done. As well as doing supplying everyday, I work from home too and make about £100 per week and about £250 during school hols., so I am happy with my lot, but £190..... I bow to you!!

11. hamjam

hamjam New commenter

Hi Teacha,

Who is your agency?

Reagrds

12. OMG feeling like the poor relation. Although I am M6 Agency pay me £95 per day[​IMG] Can't seem to get any work direct due to CRB fiasco!

13. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

Hm, I'm paid to scale via the LEA and don't get that much - if it's true then it's significantly less expensive to pay direct. It equates to an annual salary of over £37k.

14. Some supposedly 'higher-paying' agencies tend to quote you one figure when offering you an assignment, but a significantly lower sum appears on your salary advice.

15. Pennyforyourthoughts

Pennyforyourthoughts Occasional commenter

£130 a day.......... wow you are lucky. £100 a day and that is the same throughout the city unless of course you are lucky enough to get some work direct with schools then of course you get paid to scale + enhancement for holidays on the 195 day calculation. However that is getting less and less and now majority of them are Academies... they are setting their own ruling on cover. So more likely there will be better paid Cover Supervisors jobs going as they are tending to use graduates. This still does not match the £100 a day I get on Supply .... but of course if there is no supply then Cover Supervisor it might have to be.

£190 on supply through an agency for long term. Well of course they can pay you what they like if the school is willing to pay them over and above that sum. For that sum to be paid I would assume that you were on the Upper Pay Scale as I cannot see a school paying over and above that to employ a less experienced teacher. So I have to say to get a good comparison we do need to know what experience you have and what pay point you are assessed on.

12 week ruling starting in October. Has anyone any idea of how their agency will be managing the workload and what pay they will actually be paying either before and after the 12 week ruling.

Would be good to hear from any of you on this topic