1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long-term supply query

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Izzi, Jun 23, 2019.

1. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

Well done. This forum gets a lot of posts from people who think agencies are some how working for them, and just accept what they say without challenging it because frankly, they are too timid, inexperienced or gullible. You've shown what can be achieved.

JohnJCazorla, agathamorse and Izzi like this.
  2. Izzi

Izzi New commenter

I may be able to take the moral high ground but at the end of the day, I am now out of a job for September. No wonder no one pipes up about it!

agathamorse likes this.
  3. Izzi

Izzi New commenter

Have today been asked to stay on at the school from September ... at the correct rate of scale divided by 195. The school decided that the extra expense was worth it for the good of the children. It's taken a while but I got there in the end!

4. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

Well done, Izzy.

Congratulations for standing your ground.

I would look for alternatives in September/October as well, just in case. I hope everything is fine but you dont want to have to put up with constant whinging...”Oh, Supply costs so much...we can’t do x for the children, now”.. Hopefully they won’t be like this.

5. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Agree but would advise that you get your other agencies to look(and spend a few days signing up with as many as you can be bothered with this summer). At the very least make sure all these can swing into action at very short notice should you require it.

6. Izzi

Izzi New commenter

Thanks as always for the good advice. Yes, was ready and signed up with a number of other agencies already as was expecting to be back on day to day supply in September ... who knows what might happen in between now and then!