1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term supply mortgage

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by shloerx, Sep 17, 2015.

1. shloerx

shloerx New commenter

Hi everyone! I was hoping someone out there could help me. I currently work long term supply in a school (3 days a week) but I do not have a contract with them. This is proving to be a problem as I am looking to buy a house and finding a mortgage is proving to be nearly impossible. I know that I am guaranteed these 3 days as the class teacher who I work with only works 2 days. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can actually prove I have regular employment?

Thanks in advance

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Just wondering but how are you going to pay the mortgage if you can't get another long term placement?

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

To be honest, unless you are full-time employed, you might find that getting any financial services as an agency worker is almost impossible. I wish I could give you better news.

This is why there is a lobby of supply agencies in October.

There are so many reasons why schools should source their staff directly, not least because agency staff have little or no employment rights and no job security.