1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long Term supply and Interviews

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cmonins86, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cmonins86

cmonins86 New commenter

I am currently on long term supply at a school teaching three days a week. At present it's not on contract but just on going until the end of the academic year. I am still applying for jobs for September. I have noticed that a few interview dates fall on one of my teaching days. On the off chance I get invited to interview, how do I go about getting it off school?

Thanks

2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

You just need to tell the school and agency that you can't work on that day, I did that last year on long term supply when I needed the odd day to sort stuff out for my masters degre. I gave the school as much notice as I could and made sure that I set work enough cover work for the lessons.

3. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

There shouldn't be any problem. You can take off any days you like whilst on supply and if its for a legitimate reason like an interview no reasonable school or agency is going to object.
    But to be fair give everyone as much notice as you can and prepare some cover work for that day.