1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term Supply and Corona

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tidally, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Tidally

Tidally New commenter

i have a long term role at a school but I am now concerned for school closures. This would mean no payment - anyone else is the same boat as me? #worried

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Surely the agency should pay you as you are prepared to go to work?

3. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

No obligation on the agency here and relying on their kindness and understanding is rather futile.

4. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

To the OP
    It's not a given that schools will close and at least the advice is that it's ineffective,

I'm watching Boris bumble his way through a press conference now and unfortunately he still doesn't give a fig for the gig economy workers which would include supply.

All I can suggest is that you make sure you're registered with as many agencies as possible and that they're all on standby for you. Probably not any good as a lot of schools will close in an area and even bar jobs won't be available.

5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Current news suggests they aren't shutting-if some staff are off self-isolating they might even need more supply. You could also consider offering distance teaching, depending on your circumstances, if anyone is willing to pay you for this?

6. Tanyashi

Tanyashi New commenter

I am long term supply at secondary school,been there since end of August. My agency when I called them on Monday before Boris announced school closures for this Friday, said the school have to pay you if you are long term. I just dont know. Its only just been announced about closures from friday. Surely the agencies need paying to stay afloat for after this is all over, and schools want to keep on good terms with agencies as they supply much needed staff? I am hoping & praying as will be in serious s**t if no pay.

7. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

They don't have to but most are.