1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

long term planning for eyfs

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hadiyaS, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Hi, iv just joined the forum, im a bit stuck on the long term planning for 3-5 year olds, I work in a daycare setting so our planning is based on children's interests. The long term planning is based around the early years themes. At the moment we are settling in our new children. Can anyone give me some ideas??

2. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

The way I look at it the long term plan is for the year.. the objectives you want to cover over the year and you may give examples of themes..(as you go from interests you wont need to choose themes)
    The medium term .. is the objectives from the long term plan that you will use for the term.. which might include a topic and ideas for you to then use in your weekly plans
    Then your weekly plans
    So you could look at the dm's if these are what you are using as your objectives as your long term plan..
    There are some nice examples in the resource section.. have a look and see if you can adapt some to meet the needs of your setting or just for ideas :)