1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long term extension to contract on a supply basis

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by katwat, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Hi,

My job situation is complex. I work for two different LEAS in three different posts. At one school I work for 1 hour 45 mins on a part time contract. This is to allow the head of department to have ppa. I have been doing one extra period of 35 minutes each week last year, and the head wants this to continue next year. This is on a supply basis for which the school pays £17 per hour. This was at one stage on my contract and I can't actually remember why it was reduced. Also, when it was on my contract I was also entitled to one period of ppa. I no longer am entitled to this despite working exactly the same hours as I did previously. My indignation at the situation is twofold - that I get paid considerably less per hour for the 35 mins supply (I'll be on m6 in sept) and that I was previously entitled to one period ppa and now am not. How can I convince the head to give me a fixed term extension on my contract? This is also disadvantageous as I work on a Monday, and have missed out on several 35mins due to bank holidays etc. Should I contact my union?